Brigadeiro is a delicious brazilian bonbon that is made with only three ingredients and tastes like an amazing, melt-in-your-mouth truffle. The recipe for brigadeiro only calls for cocoa (or preferably Ovaltine), butter and sweetened condensed milk. The balls can be rolled and covered in a variety of things including sprinkles, coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, and powdered sugar. Here is a video we made to show you how to make Brigadeiro:
– 1/2 cup cocoa (or Chocolate Ovaltine… this is the most authentic Brazilian recipe)
– 1 TB butter
– 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
– sprinkles, coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar
1. In a small / medium pan cook the cocoa / Ovaltine, condensed milk and butter over medium heat.
2. Stir continuously for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and let it cool so that you can touch it without burning yourself.
4. Once the mixture has cooled, create small balls by rolling it in your hands.
5. Roll each ball in sprinkles, coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar.