Caipirinha is one of Brazil’s most popular alcoholic mixed drinks. The refreshing flavor of lime and the sweetness of the cachaca and sugar make this drink much better than mojito! Here is the recipe for how to make a fabulous Caipirinha:
– 1 Lime
– 2 TB Sugar
– 4 ounces cachaca
– 8 ice cubes
1. Roll the lime on a table with the palm of your hand to help release the juices.
2. Cut the lime in half (one half will be used for each Caipirinha).
3. Cut the lime into slices and divide it between two glasses.
4. Pour 1 TB of sugar on top of the lime in both glasses.
5. Stir until the limes have released their juices.
6. Add 4 ice cubes to each cup (it is best if you can crush the ice cubes in a blender first).
7. Add 2 ounces of cachaca to each glass and stir well. If you don’t have cachaca, you can substitute vodka or another type of alcohol, but cachaca is the most authentic.