Coco Queimado or Burnt Coconut Sweets is a great Brazilian dessert that only requires 5 ingredients!
Coco Queimado – Burnt Coconut Sweets Recipe:
– 2 cups unsweetened coconut
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp ground cloves
– 2 cups dark brown sugar
– 2 egg whites
1. Toss the coconut, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl.
2. Grease two baking sheets with vegetable oil.
3. In a pan, melt the sugar over medium-low heat. Stir constantly.
4. Add the coconut and continuing stirring, while you reduce the heat. Continue stirring until it thickens.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and put it in a cold water bath to make it stop cooking.
6. Beat the egg whites until frothy, but not yet formed stiff peaks.
7. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut and sugar mixture.
8. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto your cookie sheet (spacing it out by a few inches).
9. Let the pans sit for a couple of hours until they set.